Netbooks were once uncharitably described as 'low-cost computers'. No one's complaining. They've become the fastest growing segment among personal computers (PCs) in India. PCs include netbooks, notebooks, laptops, desktops and tablets.
Between June 2008 and July 2009, 97,480 netbooks were sold. A year on, it had shot up to 335,018, according to research firm IDC. That's a 243% increase. Compare this with other PC categories. Desktop sales in the same period slowed, from 5.1 million to 5.7 million, a mere 11% increase. However, shipments of notebook PCs marked a 43% increase, from 2.1 m to 3 m.
Netbooks are becoming popular in our life because of their small size and reliable performance.With a netbook we can do most of our daily tasks which we normally do on a notebook. Some well know netbooks are toshiba mini laptop, Acer Aspire One, Asus Eee PC and Dell Mini 10.
I have read many reviews, pictures and prices of different netbooks. After doing research on netbooks, I have found that Dell Mini 10 Netbook is better as compare to any netbook in the sense of features,prices and look.
You must have the following questions in your mind.
How well netbook perform with its too small size ?
Should I buy a netbook?
You should buy a netbook because netbook is leightweight,easy to take anywhere with you and it has got everything you will need. It can run almost everything you will need except of heavy games and softwares like Visual studio and Adobe CS 3. It will costs you about $300 – $350 the performance of netbook is really awesome
I am gonna list down some Tips for Using Netbook and Optimizing its Performance.
1) Keep in mind it is a small netbook. Before started using a netbook always keep in mind that this is a small netbook not a big size desktop computer or laptop.Therefore use it with a little care.
2) Don't use netbook as a primary computer. Although netbook can be used for several hours but you shouldn't use it as a primary computer because it is designed for small and medium tasks.
3) Don't use antivirus. Please don't start laughing on my this point.I know not using an antivirus is dangerous and can harm your netbook.But the reason behind my this point is that antivirus is a resource consuming software and netbook has limited resources so antivirus can slow down your netbook.If you wanna use antivirus than use but you should disable its auto protect so it won't scan every program on launch.
4) Close down unnecessary Services. One of the main reason behind resource consumption is backgroud services.You can free some resources on your netbook by closing some unnecessary Services.To close any service.Lauch task manager by pressing ctrl – alt – delete and then click on task manager then click on services.Right click on the services you wanna close and click end task.
5) Check CPU and Memory Usage. Checking CPU and Memory usage on the regular interval can give you a quick look on how much your processor and memory are being used and if you see that processor usage is 100% then there must a service which is causing this so close down that service.
6) Donot install Games and heavy softwares. Netbook is not designed for playing games or using softwares like visual studio.It is designed for browsing,messaging,blogging,chatting and other office work.So always refrain from installing games or heavy software on netbook.
7) Try to use Linux. As all of us know that linux is more secure as compare to windows therefore using linux rather than windows on netbook is a better approach. Most of the peoples install windows for playing games and using software which can't be run on linux and netbook is not designed for playing games or using heavy software.
8) Keep your files and folders organized. I have seen that most of the computer users donot manage files and folder on their computer and this is also another reason of decreased computer performance and unstable windows.So always keep your files and folders manage. Create a separate partion for your data rather than using C drive or the Drive in which OS is installed.Before installing a software first create a folder with the name of software and then install software on that folder.
9) Adjust Windows XP for best Performance. Default theme of windows XP is resource consuming.It will be better if you use a classic theme and adjust windows xp for best performance it will disable all the effect (Who needs effects in a netbook).To Adjust windows xp for better performance following the steps given below.
Right Click on my computer > Go to properties > Click on advanced tab > Click on settings button below the performance text > Select adjust for best performance > Click Apply and OK.
10) Don't Press Keys Hardly.
Keys of netbooks are little sensitive so pressing them hardly can cause internal damage to them.Most of the peoples are used to press keys little hardly on their desktop computer and laptop there it will be little difficult for them to manage in start so avoid pressing keys hardly.